Apply icon

Here you can apply for a council service or tell us about a change. We have included some links and information to other organisations like Essex County Council where we do not provide the service. If you can not find what you want to apply for below, please contact our customer service centre.


Data protection
Uttlesford District Council is the data controller for any personal information you provide to the council. For more information on your data protection rights or how to contact our Data Protection Officer, please look at ourprivacy notices.

Apply for something or tell us about a change

Blue Badge - disabled parking

Apply for a Blue Badge (Essex County Council)

More information about Blue Badges and disabled parking

Building Control

Apply for building regulations approval

Building Control - how to contact us to request a site visit

Apply to join a competent person scheme (GOV.UK) - You can join a 'competent person scheme' to self-certify certain types of building work

Bulky waste

Book a bulky waste collection

Bus pass

Apply for a bus pass (Essex County Council)

More information about bus passes

Business rates (NNDR)

Apply to pay your business rates by direct debit payments (PDF) [172KB]

Register for business rates

Apply for business rates relief

More information about appealing your business rates

Council houses

Apply for a council or housing association home

Council Tax

Apply to pay your Council Tax by direct debit payments (PDF) [172KB]

Change of Circumstances - Council Tax Discounts and Exemptions

Change of address - moving in or out of a property in Uttlesford

You can apply for a range of discounts on your Council Tax bill for example if you you live alone, are a student or own an uninhabitable property.

Apply for a Council Tax discount

Apply to reduce your Council Tax band (GOV.UK)

More information about appealing against your Council Tax Valuation Band

Manage your Council Tax account online

Elections and voting

Register to vote

Apply for a postal or proxy vote

Food business

More information on starting a food business

Housing Benefit

Apply for Local Council Tax Support (LCTS)

Local Council Tax Support (LCTS)

Apply for Housing Benefit

More information about Housing Benefit

Apply for Universal Credit (GOV.UK)

More information about Universal Credit

Housing rent

Apply to pay your housing rent by direct debit payments (PDF) [172KB]

More information about paying your housing rent


Apply to rent a council owned garage (PDF) [419KB]

More information about council owned garages


Apply for a community grant


Apply for a job at Uttlesford District Council

More information about the council as an employer 


Apply for Licensing Act 2003 - Personal and Premises licenses, Gambling licenses, Scrap Metal dealing and other licences.

Apply for a licence

Planning permission

Apply for planning permission

More information about how we decide on planning applications

Street closures

Apply to close a street

Temporary Event Notice (TEN)

Apply for a Temporary Event Notice (Word doc) [85KB]

More information about Temporary Event Notices