Bus passes and concessionary fares

If you live in Essex you can apply for an older persons or disabled persons bus pass may apply to Essex County Council.

If you live in England and are of retirement age or an eligible disabled person, you are entitled to an English National Concessionary Bus Pass. 

All applications for concessionary bus passes are handled by Essex County Council.

Apply for a bus pass

An Essex companion pass is available for those who have difficulty travelling without assistance. For more information please call 0345 200 0388 or email: buspass.team@essex.gov.uk

Where and when can I use my bus pass?

You can use your  buss pass within Essex from 9am to midnight Monday to Friday and all day at weekends and Bank Holidays. If you are a pass holder with severe disabilities you are also entitled to a companion pass, allowing free travel on registered local bus services within Essex for one extra person accompanying them.


Additional information

If you need help, please contact:
Essex County Council
Tel: 0845 200 0388
Minicom: 0845 200 1424
Email: help@canigetapass.org.uk