Temporary Events Notice

What is a temporary event notice?

A temporary event notice authorises licensable activities to take place on a short-term basis.

Licensable activities include the following:

  • sale by retail of alcohol;
  • a performance of a play;
  • an exhibition of a film;
  • an indoor sporting event;
  • a boxing or wrestling entertainment;
  • a performance of live music;
  • any playing of recorded music;
  • dancing;
  • any entertainment of a similar description to that falling within the performance of live music, the playing of recorded music and dancing;
  • Late night refreshment (hot food or hot drink between 11pm and 5am).

How do I apply for a temporary event notice?

  • Submit one copy of the application with the fee of £21 to the licensing authority where the premises are situated, at least ten working days before the event date. Please note this 10 working day period excludes the day the notice is served and the day of the event. The address for this is Uttlesford District Council, Licensing Section, Council Offices, London Road, Saffron Walden, Essex.CB11 4ER. Cheques payable to Uttlesford District Council or telephone 01799 510510 to pay by credit/debit card.  You can email: licensing@uttlesford.gov.uk
  • Submit one copy of the application form to Environmental Health Section, Uttlesford District Council, Council Offices, London Road, Saffron Walden, Essex. CB11 4ER or email: environmentalhealth@uttlesford.gov.uk
  • Submit one copy of the application form to Essex Police Licensing Hub, Braintree Police Station, Blyths Meadow, Braintree, Essex CM7 3DJ or email: licensing.applications@essex.pnn.police.uk

Application forms

Application for a Temporary Events Notice
Icon for word Temporary Event Notice Application Form [79.29KB]

Find out more about temporary event notices

Further information is available on our Temporary Events Notices frequently asked questions page.