Customer Service Centre
Uttlesford District Council set up a Customer Service Centre (UConnect) on 27 November 2006, the reason for this was to make sure that people have better access to its services in future. By building on the national e-Government target to get services online and the national Priority Outcomes, we want to improve not only the number of services people can access but also the ease with which they can access them at the first point of contact.
The vision of UConnect is: To deliver a 'right first time every time' customer service that makes it easier for people to access the Council.
This vision is underpinned by the following priorities:
1. We will make it easier for people to contact us in a way most appropriate to their needs:
- By accessing information on our Website, available 24 hours a day;
- By phoning the council and having their calls dealt with by the first person they speak to;
- By visiting the council and having face-to-face enquiries dealt with by the first person they speak to;
- By visiting one of the Community Information Centres and having their enquiries dealt with at the first point of contact.
2. Customers will get help with 80% of enquiries from a single point of contact.
3. All employees will be developed to offer a high level of customer service and will have access to the same source of regularly updated information.
4. We will use technology to improve our services so that:
- Customers benefit from better access and improved customer service;
- Employees have the information and technology they need to do their jobs more responsively.
5. A consistent, quality service will be provided to all customers irrespective of their chosen method of contacting the council and inclusive of race, culture, disability, sexuality, gender and religion, age, poverty level, language and location.
6. The council will demonstrate a visible commitment to user focus by ensuring that all its activities are designed to meet the needs and take account of the views of all types of service users and citizens. This will be translated into actual processes, which are used to ensure that the organisation understands its diverse community needs and that service delivery is designed on clear priorities, which are based on aspirations of all sections of the community.
Community Information Centres
The council has three addresses where you can speak to someone in person about council services.
Opening hours: Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 5pm. Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
We are changing our opening hours
On the last Thursday of every month our offices and telephone lines in Saffron Walden will be open at 10am, rather than 8.30am.
No other opening times are affected.
Uttlesford District Council
Great Dunmow Library
White Hart Way
Opening hours: Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm. Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
Information about tourism in the Uttlesford District is also available at the Thaxted Community Information Centre.
Uttlesford District Council
7 Town Street
Opening hours: Monday & Friday, 9am to 12.30pm (these are the normal opening hours but due to possible closures, please call 01799 510510 to confirm before visiting).
Methods of Payment
By telephone: Credit/Debit card payments may be made by automated telephone at any time of the day, week or year. Please ring 01799 510551.
In person: You can pay in person using a Credit/Debit card at the council offices:
- London Road, Saffron Walden, CB11 4ER; or
- White Hart Way, Great Dunmow, CM6 1FS.
Website: You can pay online here
Direct Debit: Direct Debit is the easiest and most convenient way to pay your council tax/rent etc. If you would like to pay by this method, please telephone UConnect on 01799 510510.
Contact us - Your Council
Tel: 01799 510510 Email: email@example.com