"TuckIN" scheme for food businesses
TuckIN is a scheme for food businesses to pledge to reduce salt, fat, sugar and offer smaller portions.
Will you 'TuckIN' and help make food better
Are you running a food business and want to offer healthier choices to your customers?
Then you could join TuckIN, an approach to 'making food better' and help your customers continue to enjoy your food as part of a healthier lifestyle.
What is TuckIN?
TuckIN is a pledge you, as a food business can take to alter the way you select, prepare and serve food in relation to fat, salt, sugar and portion size. The TuckIN scheme is being run by Environmental Health teams in Essex to encourage positive lifestyle choices for our residents. The scheme enables you to support your customers by offering healthier meal choices as part of your regular menu.
How can I join TuckIN?
Just contact the Environmental Health team to arrange for a visit from our dedicated TuckIN officer.
What's IN it for you?
If your business is able to take TuckIN pledge and successfully delivers on the qualifying criteria can:
- Access free nutrition training
- Receive £100 of vouchers that can be used for Level 2 Uttlesford run food hygiene courses
- Receive advisory visits from a member of the TuckIN team
- Increase customer satisfaction through offering improved choice
- Enhance its reputation
- Receive promotional materials to use in your premises
- Receive publicity via the Council website
- Potentially save money
- Sign up to the Department of Health's Responsibility Deal, also appearing on their website and receive a certificate