If you are in the Uttlesford district and unable to return home due to fire, flood or other emergency call Uttlesford District Council on 01799 510510.
The council operates an out-of-hours system for someone to take your call.
Domestic violence or abuse at home
If you are experiencing domestic violence or abuse at home, you can call:
- Essex Police on 101 ext. 180340 or the
- Non-emergency domestic abuse number on 0800 358 0351.
- For people with a hearing or speech impairment, the Minicom line is 01245 452828.
- The National Domestic Violence Helpline is also staffed 24 hours: Freephone 0808 2000 24
Severe mental health issues
If you are experiencing severe mental health issues and require immediate urgent help the following options are available:
- Call your GP and ask for an emergency appointment
- Call the Crisis Line: 0330 726 0110 or dial 999.
Essex Social Care (Social Services)
Essex Social Care (Social Services) runs a 24-hour protection line for children and young adults on 0845 606 1212, or you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org for help and advice.