Active Uttlesford grants
Active Uttlesford are inviting applications from community organisations, groups and professionals to deliver projects which aim to help residents of the district to become more physically active.
What can you apply for
Active Uttlesford is keen to discuss potential projects that will target the following priority groups:
1. Tackling inactivity: Inactivity is defined as doing less than 30 minutes of physical activity per week. In Uttlesford, 20.9% of residents are currently inactive (Active Lives Survey). The greatest health benefits can be gained from changing behaviours so that residents who are currently inactive become active.
2. Women and girls: Female participation in sport and physical activity is lower than male participation and currently, 36.3% of women and girls of Uttlesford residents are active once a week compared to 53% of men and boys (Active Lives Survey). Interventions may be women only and can include childcare provision.
3. Outdoors health: Encouraging residents to take part in sport and physical activity in outdoor spaces and Active Travel opportunities.
4. Rural communities: Residents living in rural locations are at greater risk of loneliness and social isolation, which could impact on activity levels.
5. Active Aging: Evidence suggests that the older somebody is the less likely they are to be active. A programme of sport and physical activity to include all potential abilities for residents aged 60+ such as chair based exercise, walking, cycling, multi-sport.
6. Disabled and Long Term Health Conditions: Residents with a disability or long term health condition (Diabetes, Cancer, Dementia, CVD, MSK) are less likely to access physical activity and sport provision.
How to apply
We would love to discuss your project before you apply. For an informal project discussion please contact Courtenay Mosley via email at Courtenay.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application is Monday 17 June 2019 and decisions will be made by Friday 5 July 2019.
What is Active Uttlesford
Active Uttlesford is part of Active Essex, a publicly funded organisation, hosted by Essex County Council, whose aim is to make sport and physical activity accessible to all Essex residents.