Community Project Grant scheme opens for new applications
Uttlesford District Council's 2019/20 Community Project Grant scheme is open again for new applications.
Grants from a minimum of £100 up to a maximum of £3,500 are available to properly-constituted voluntary organisations or similar bodies in the district, such as village hall committees, community shops, town and parish councils, community associations, play and recreation clubs and groups.
Organisations which have already received a community project grant in 2019/20 are not eligible to apply again.
Grants will be considered for expenditure incurred in the provision of any of the following:
· Development of land for recreational purposes, including environmental improvements
· Buildings or facilities that are available for community use such as village halls, community centres or public conveniences
· Car parks and access roads to car parks directly associated with a community use building
· Children's play areas, including equipment and safety surfacing
· Improvement, refurbishment or extension to any of the facilities outlined above
· Essential equipment that contributes significantly to the aims and objectives of the project
· Training or a one-off staffing cost that contributes significantly to the development of the project or increases benefit to the community (wages and salaries cannot be paid)
Eligible projects must be completed after 1 April 2019 and before 20 March 2020.
If the application is for more than £1,000 the amount raised by the applicant must represent at least 50% of the total project cost. In the case of an application for less than £999 the applicant must have raised 25%.
The closing date for applications is midday on Thursday 28 November 2019. Applications from sports and cultural groups are not eligible.
Application forms can be downloaded from www.uttlesford.gov.uk/communitygrants or to request a form or for further information contact Sue Hayden, Community Development Officer, on 01799 510563 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
13 September 2019