Essex to move into tier 2 restrictions
Starting on Saturday 17 October, Essex will move from medium to high alert level.
In a move to slow the current rates of infection across our county, from Saturday, Essex will be placed into the high level of restrictions (tier 2 on the new COVID system).
What does this mean?
- No household mixing indoors - this includes at home or in hospitality venues
- Different households can meet outdoors in public spaces but must stick to the 'Rule of six'
- 10pm curfews will remain in place for all pubs and restaurants
- Remember hands, face and space
- Reduce travel where you can
If we act now, we can stop the spread and protect our loved ones as we head into the winter months.
► You can also read 20 questions about moving to the high COVID alert level