Advice and updates on the rapidly changing situation.
Although we have closed all council buildings to the public we will continue to deliver essential public services.
Information and guidance on the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
Essex to move into tier 2 restrictions
In a move to slow the current rates of infection across our county, from Saturday, Essex will be placed into the high level of restrictions (tier 2 on the new COVID system).
What does this mean?
- No household mixing indoors - this includes at home or in hospitality venues
- Different households can meet outdoors in public spaces but must stick to the 'Rule of six'
- 10pm curfews will remain in place for all pubs and restaurants
- Remember hands, face and space
- Reduce travel where you can
If we act now, we can stop the spread and protect our loved ones as we head into the winter months.
Protect each other
There are 3 simple actions we must all do to keep on protecting each other:
- wash hands - keep washing your hands regularly
- cover face - wear a face covering in enclosed spaces
- make space - stay at least 2 metres apart, or 1 metre with a face covering or other precaution
Download the NHS COVID-19 app
The NHS COVID-19 app is the fastest way to see if you're at risk from coronavirus. The faster you know, the quicker you can alert and protect your loved ones and community.
The app has a number of tools to protect you, including contact tracing, local area alerts and venue check-in. It uses proven technology from Apple and Google, designed to protect every user's privacy.
The free NHS COVID-19 app is a vital part of the NHS Test and Trace service - find out how to download it.
Local updates on the coronavirus situation
We are sending regular updates about COVID-19 to our residents. Sign up to receive important information and updates on our services.