Repairs to Council Properties

Follow the links below for information on who to contact for repairs to a council owned property, what you can expect from the council and which parts of your home you are responsible for. 


Emergency Repairs External

Emergency Repairs Internal

Repairs Contacts 

Routine Repairs 

Disabled Adaptations

Icon for pdf Uttlesford District Council Repairs Handbook [831.65KB]


Contractors ►

Don't forget ... ALWAYS ask for identification before you let someone into your home. All Council employees and contractors carry ID and will not mind if you ask to see it. If you are still suspicious call the Council on 01799 510510.

If they cannot supply ID, DO NOT let them into your house.
Go straight to our other related services


Rights & Responsibilities
Response Times
Icon for pdf Read the council's Recharge Policy [400.08KB] -what the council defines as a rechargeable repair.
Right to Repair
Tenants' Home Improvements
Customer Service Standards