Uttlesford Health & Wellbeing Board
Uttlesford Health and Wellbeing Board provides the strategic partnership for the coordination, communication and commissioning of health improvement and wellbeing activities and services for the local population.
The majority of Uttlesford residents lead healthy, active and prosperous lives, however, there are particular local issues that have been identified by the Health & Wellbeing Board, which partners are working collaboratively to address:
- Increasing levels of excess weight in children and adults
- Low levels of physical activity - only 22% of adults are doing enough physical activity to benefit their health (i.e. exercising three or more times per week)
- Increasing issues related to an ageing demographic, including high levels of hip fractures in the over 65s as a result of falls and increasing levels of people living with dementia.
- Potential rural and social isolation, which can have an impact on people's health and wellbeing
- High levels of winter deaths, associated with cold homes and fuel poverty
Uttlesford Health and Wellbeing Board provides the strategic partnership for the coordination, communication and commissioning of health improvement and wellbeing activities and services for the local population, in relation to its priorities, which are set out within the Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2017-2022.
Uttlesford Health & Wellbeing Board in partnership
The Uttlesford Health & Wellbeing Board is made up of a number of partners:
- Uttlesford District Council Health & Wellbeing Team
- Essex Health and Wellbeing Board
- West Essex CCG
- Essex County Fire & Rescue Service
- West Essex Mind
- Centre for Voluntary Support Uttlesford
- Uttlesford Volunteers
- Uttlesford Citizens Advice
- Alzheimer's Society
- Support 4 Sight
- Uttlesford Health
Minutes of meetings
The board monitors the work that is being delivered via quarterly meetings, which are held at Uttlesford District Council offices.