Updates on our service due to Coronavirus
Licensing: We are unable to carry out face to face interviews for drivers.
Continued working of taxis and private hire vehicles: Read the Department for Transport guidance
We are unable to accept new driver applications or new vehicle plate applications at this time and any application will be declined.
Vehicle renewals: We are able to process these; MOT and inspections remain in place. Please email all documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org and a paper plate and letter will be sent to the applicant.
Renewals - Driver Badge now accepted: Please note 3 year medicals have now been extended for 6 months. We are now able to accept renewals for Uttlesford drivers due to the change in DBS Government policy.
• We are only accepting renewal documentation on one email to email@example.com
• Sign up using your home email to gotomeeting video conferencing or download the gotomeeting app. Please create an account using the same email. Please note a device with a camera is needed for the video meeting i.e. smartphone/iPad or PC
• Complete an Enhanced DBS application on Mayflower. Enter the Organisation Reference UDCLICENSING.
• Enter the Organisation Code UDCLICENSING and complete fields with details of your 3 x identified documents. Please see the identity checking guidelines
• Licensing will arrange a video conference on gotomeeting by emailing a link to the driver
• The driver will need a device with a camera on to respond at the appropriate time and join a meeting on gotomeeting. Note: Licensing will have audio as our laptops cameras don't have permission but it is critical that we see the applicant.
• The driver can monitor the DBS progress and, upon completion, will be sent the certificate from DBS - we have no control of the time it takes
Find out how to apply for different licences or search for an existing application.
Go straight to our other related services