About the council

Updates on our service due to Coronavirus

Licensing: We are unable to carry out face to face interviews for drivers.

Continued working of taxis and private hire vehicles: Read the Department for Transport guidance

We are unable to accept new driver applications or new vehicle plate applications at this time and any application will be declined.

Vehicle renewals: We are able to process these; MOT and inspections remain in place. Please email all documentation to  and a paper plate and letter will be sent to the applicant.

Renewals - Driver Badge now accepted: Please note 3 year medicals have now been extended for 6 months. We are now able to accept renewals for Uttlesford drivers due to the change in DBS Government policy.

•  We are only accepting renewal documentation on one email to
•  Sign up using your home email to gotomeeting video conferencing or download the gotomeeting app. Please create an account using the same email. Please note a device with a camera is needed for the video meeting i.e. smartphone/iPad or PC
•  Complete an Enhanced DBS application on Mayflower. Enter the Organisation Reference UDCLICENSING.
•  Enter the Organisation Code UDCLICENSING and complete fields with details of your 3 x identified documents. Please see the identity checking guidelines
•  Licensing will arrange a video conference on gotomeeting by emailing a link to the driver
•  The driver will need a device with a camera on to respond at the appropriate time and join a meeting on gotomeeting. Note: Licensing will have audio as our laptops cameras don't have permission but it is critical that we see the applicant.
•  The driver can monitor the DBS progress and, upon completion, will be sent the certificate from DBS - we have no control of the time it takes


Find out how to apply for different licences or search for an existing application. 

Applications made under the Licensing Act 2003

► Charity collections licence

► Gambling Act 2005

► Gaming machines

► Hackney carriage (taxi) licence

► Late night refreshment licence

► Licensing Act 2003 - personal licence

► Licensing Act 2003 - premises licence

► Pay your annual premises licence fee

► Private hire licence

► Scrap metal dealer licence

► Sex establishment licence

Society Lotteries

► Tables and chairs on the public highway licence

► Tattooing and skin piercing licence

► Temporary Events Notice

Go straight to our other related services

Icon for pdf Licensing Act 2003 Policy Statement 2017 - 2022 [482.05KB]

Additional information 

► Event organisation and safety | ► Licences and licence applications - GOV.UK | ► Fees and charges - Licensing | ►