Statement of Community Involvement and Engagement Strategy
We're asking for your views on a Draft Statement of Community Involvement and a new Community Engagement Strategy.
The Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) sets out the council's approach to involving the community, organisations and groups in the consultation of planning applications and the preparation and monitoring of the new Local Plan.
Consultation on a Draft Statement of Community Involvement 2020
We are consulting on an update to the current Statement of Community Involvement (SCI).
The main changes to the SCI are:
- identifying those parts of the SCI suspended in response to government restrictions due to COVID-19 pandemic
- referring to the preparation of an Engagement Strategy
- referring to the Government White Paper 'Planning for the Future'
- updating of dates and time periods of the Local Plan
- removing reference to Garden Communities and Development Plan Documents
The changes are shown in the draft document by underlining new text and striking through of deleted text.
Feedback on a new Community Engagement Strategy
In addition, the we have prepared an engagement strategy to support the Statement of Community Involvement. The strategy sets out:
- six key messages in relation to engagement on the local Plan
- principles of engagement
- how we will work with meeting out duty to cooperate and engage with particular groups
- how we will engage on each stage of the Local Plan's preparation.
Read the new
How to respond
We're asking for your views on both the draft Statement of Community Involvement and the new Engagement Strategy.
The consultation starts on Wednesday 28 October and ends at 5.00pm on Wednesday 9 December 2020.
You can respond by sending your comments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post to:
Local Plans Team
Uttlesford District Council
The current Cabinet meeting on 15 July 2019.
Temporary suspension of parts of the Statement of Community Involvement
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic parts of the Statement of Community Involvement have been suspended.
Read the notice of suspension